Below are the terms and conditions of Creatives Express Group (Pty) Ltd. for any project unless otherwise stated. The client accepts these Terms and Conditions when they approve any proposal, quote or job. Terms can also be stipulated within any proposal or quote.
- Proposals are created free of charge.
- Proposals are valid for 30 days from the date on the proposal, unless stated differently on the proposal.
- Prices on estimates are subject to change.
Commencing a Project
- A deposit of up to 50% is required for all projects unless otherwise stated. Projects commence once the deposit has been settled and the proposal has been accepted in writing.
- Required content for any graphic design, web design, ppc campaign or email marketing must be provided before work commences.
- All information to be included in any web design must be provided by the client. Creatives Express offers graphic design, photography and copywriting as additional services which are charged ad hoc at an hourly rate.
- Written content, as well as images, logos and artwork to be used, must be electronically supplied unless they are to be created as part of the project. If images need to be sourced the images will be at the client’s expense and are not included in our fee.
- Any additional work or ad hoc changes and updates which were not in the original specifications will be charged at an hourly rate (dependent on task, to be verified at the start of task) or will be quoted separately.
- Changes must be requested in writing via email.
- All materials supplied to Creatives Express must have the relevant copyrights. Creatives Express will not be held liable in any copyright disputes for material supplied to us.
- If it is brought to our attention that any copyright has been infringed, Creatives Express is obliged to remove the material in dispute, at the client’s expense.
- Project timelines will be adjusted according to the receipt of required material.
- We cannot be held responsible for delays outside of our control, e.g. 3rd party hosting malfunction or equipment failure
- Content (written or visual) must be supplied electronically, within 1 month of the start of the project. If the client is not forthcoming we retain the right to create the necessary content to finish the project. The client will be billed for our time and we will not be held responsible for any information that is not entirely accurate.
- A project will only be released once it has been proofed and accepted by the client. Therefore we take no responsibility for website/newsletters, etc. content errors.
- We have the right to use any blog articles, content created and designed in promotional material and for other purposes anywhere else for Creatives Express
- Creatives Express reserves the right to use any and all content created for a client as promotional material.
Costs, Payment and Cancellation
- Ongoing Monthly work (e.g. Website Maintenance/PPC Marketing, etc.) will be billed for monthly and is payable in advance and within 7 days of invoice date.
- If a project is cancelled at any time, all fees up to that point of work will be calculated and invoiced.
- All invoices are to be payed within 7 days of being sent unless otherwise stipulated on the invoice.
- The client agrees to pay Creatives Express in accordance with the terms specified in each proposal/estimate. Payment is due within 7 days from the date of Invoice unless otherwise stated. If the client fails to pay any invoice, Creatives Express reserves the right to withdraw the website and associated materials or refuse completion and/or delivery of work until the outstanding debt has been settled. All materials or property belonging to the client, as well as work performed, may be retained as collateral until all just claims against the client are satisfied. The client is responsible for any debt collection, legal or court fees which may come due. In the event of cancellation of the project prior to completion, the client will be liable for 1 month’s payment as per the 30-day cancellation notice.
- Termination of any monthly service (Website, Google Ads, Email Marketing etc.) must be brought to the attention of Creatives Express via written notice. All terminations take effect 30 days from provision of written notice.
- All work remains the property of Creatives Express until final payment is received.
- The client will be advised of all costs, changes and additions. Changes and additions to our fees will be quoted and invoiced to the client. Any monthly packages or agreements are subject to change, but the client will be given reasonable notice.
Changes and Additions
- All changes requested that are not covered by a monthly retainer amount will be charged ad hoc. The client will be quoted on the change, which will only be made once we have received approval for the quote.
- Any editorial work on blog posts will incur a charge unless otherwise stated.
- Social media posts are directed at the client’s targeted audience and mostly scheduled in advance. If specific posts are required, please supply the content. Changes to content Creatives Express has created for posts are permitted at an additional cost.
- Changes to this Policy – Creatives Express reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. The client’s continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these Terms & Conditions will mean acceptance of those changes. Information collected prior to the time any change is posted, will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected.
Authorisation and 3rd Parties
- Authorisation –The client authorises Creatives Express to perform services on the client’s behalf, which may include, but is not limited to, registering their domain, accessing their hosting account and disk space, creating databases and applications, managing their online advertising, and submitting their project to search engines.
- Our websites are designed to be compatible with the up to date versions of the major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge). We cannot guarantee compatibility with older browsers (Internet Explorer) or browsers that have not been updated.
- If you use a service provider on our recommendation, you will enter into an agreement directly with them. Creatives Express will not be held responsible for their service or lack of.
- Creatives Express outsources hosting and therefore does not have control over server side errors like downtime.